Monday, May 28, 2012

Courage and Service & Sacrifice

Today on this Memorial Day as I reflect on the sacrifices that so many men, women and families have made, I decided to create these cards with 2 of our retiring stamp sets.   One is for my son and his wife who are both currently serving in the Army and are in El Paso, Texas.  My daughter-in-law will be going to Afghanistan next January.  The other is for my cousin's daughter that will be leaving for Basic Training next week.

Ashley's card

My son Adam and Laura's card (miss them bunches!!) 


Supplies Used:
Courage Stamp Set (retiring, May 31, 2012) #115330
Service & Sacrifice (retiring, May 31, 2012) #115992
Night of Navy (#100867), Real Red (102482) & Whisper White Card Stock (#100730)
Real Red (#103133) and Night of Navy (#102977) ink pads
Real Red 1/4" grosgrain ribbon (retiring, May 31, 2012) (#109034)
Square Lattice Embossing folder (#119976)
Big Shot (#113439)
Snail Adhesive (#104332)
Courage Stamp Set

Service & Sacrifice Stamp Set

Wanted to share another thought/story with you all, as I was getting ready for work last Friday, the radio played a clip about the Pledge of Allegiance (Red Skelton and the Pledge, found here) and then played God Bless The USA (here is a another video from YouTube) and as I was blow drying my hair, tears were rolling down my face as I was thinking about my awesome experience that I was privileged to be a part of in San Antonio last January.  What I got to experience in San Antonio was truly a moving and awesome experience that I will never forget, I feel so blessed to be a part of!!  And I am so glad I got to share that moment with my Stampin Buddies!!  Thanks Denise & Jan (2 of my Stampin buddies) and all our service men and women for your service to our wonderful country!!  Pictures from my experience in San Antonio can be found here.

I truly give thanks for this great country and all those who have and continue to make sacrifices for us.

Happy Memorial Day!

Becky  

No comments:

Post a Comment