Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fun SAB Card My Digital Studio Style

My Card Share today is one that I cased from Robin Merriman (who is one of my Stampin idols).  She created a card similar using Free Sale-a-bration items including Ice Cream Parlor DSP & Quick Accents, Ice Cream Parlor Ribbon & Brads and So Happy for You stamp set.

I created my "Hybrid" card using My Digital Studio (MDS) #118108  and the FREE Sale-a-bration Digital Content CD.  I created 4 toppers on one 8 1/2" x 11" paper, portrait orientation in MDS.  I created one part of the topper and then copied and pasted it 3 more times, see below, all this part was created in MDS.


I then cut this to 4 pieces that are 4" x 5 1/4" in size.  Now what do I mean by "Hybrid."  I love to create cards and scrapbook pages using My Digital Studio (MDS), but I also love crafting cards by hand.  So I take the topper that I created and adhere it to a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" Whisper White card stock.  Then I took a 3 1/2" x 1 1/4" Whisper White card stock. Stamped my sentiment from the Sale-a-bration "So Happy for You" stamp set.  I took my 1 3/8" square punch and punched the ends of the stamped paper.  I took the stamped paper and ran my bone folder across the stamped, punched  paper to give it the wavy look.  I then attached 2 mini glue dots at 2 spots and adhered it to the card.  I also added a button with a mini glue dot on the MDS bow.  How easy was that.  The ribbon looks so real.  Everyone that sees a ribbon on a card that was done in MDS touch it because they think it is real.  This card can be created in no time and is so much fun!!


Happy hump day everyone!!

Inky Hugs,

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment