Monday, April 11, 2011

Thoughts and Prayers Sympathy Card

This is one of my cards that I created earlier this year.  It was also one of my swaps from Leadership last January.   I just love the color combination.  I used Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake and Whisper White.  I used the stamp set Thoughts and Prayers.  Here is how I created it:

I started with an 8.5" x 5.5" Wild Wasabi card stock.  Cut a piece of Crumb Cake topper 5.25" x 4".  Run the topper thru the Big Shot using the Framed Tulip embossing folder.  Cut a piece of Chocolate Chip card stock 4-1/8" x 3-1/8" and a 3-3/4" x 2-3/4" Whisper White card stock.   Color the "tree" stamp from the Thoughts and Prayers stamp set using the Wild Wasabi and Chocolate Chip markers and stamp on the Whisper White card stock.  Cut the tree on the stamped white card stock in 4 pieces at 1-7/8" and 1-3/8" like shown.  Adhere the tree pieces to the Chocolate Chip card stock as shown.  Adhere a jumbo eyelet to the card using the Crop-a-dile.  Adhere to the Crumb Cake Card Stock with dimensionals.   Punch a hole all the thru where the eyelet is.  Adhere a 6-1/2" ribbon as shown.  Adhere the Crumb Cake topper to the Wild Wasabi card.

Stamp the Praying for You stamp with Chocolate Chip ink and stamp on Whisper White card stock.  Punch out using the Scallop Oval Punch.  Punch using the Wide Oval punch with Wild Wasabi scrap card stock.  Adhere together.  Attach to the front of the card using dimensionals.

Stamp a sentiment inside.  The one that comes with the Thoughts and Prayers stamp set is a nice sentiment.

Here is a little different version.  the difference here is the Perfect Polka Dot Embossing folder, White Organza ribbon and I used the Sharing in you Sorrow stamp instead of the Praying for You.
Happy Monday everyone.  Have a great week!!!  Enjoy making this card and I hope you don't need a card like this for a long time.
Blessings!!

Becky


No comments:

Post a Comment