Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cupcake Party

Happy Saturday Stampers!!!

I had Cupcake Party today and I am going to continue this delicious party on Tuesday evening.  We had a great time making Cupcake Cards and of course eating Cupcakes.  Notice the Red Glimmer Paper (the cherry and the small heart)....it is fabulous...and guess what the glimmer/glitter stays on the paper, all the beauty of glimmer without glittery mess.  I also used Champagne Mist Shimmer paint on the Very Vanilla Circle and it looked nice and shimmery, I don't think the picture does it justice.

Here is one of the cards we made:



Supplies Used:
Create a Cupcake Stamp Set, #121915 (wood), #121982 (clear)
Crumb Cake card stock 5.5"x8.5", #120953
Real Red card stock 5.5" x 1-3/4", #102482
Scrap Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, Red Glimmer Paper (#121790) Card Stock
Baja Breeze Seam Binding 10", #122331
Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, #116806
Soft Suede Ink Pad, #115657
Elegant Lines Embossing Folder, #119277
Polka Dot Embossing Folder, #117335
2-1/2" Circle Punch, #120906
Build a Cupcake Punch, #121807
Small Heart Punch, #117193 
Sponge Daubers, #102892
Dimensionals, #104430
Favorite Adhesive (for me is the Snail #104332)


  • Fold Crumb Cake card stock in half.
  • Punch 2-1/2" circle out of Very Vanilla.  Sponge edges with soft suede ink, then sponge with the Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint.  Set aside to dry.
  • Run Real Red piece of paper thru Big Shot with Polka Dot embossing folder, and then run it again thru with the Elegant Lines embossing folder.
  • Tie Baja Breeze ribbon around red card stock in a knot and trim excess.
  • Adhere Real Red card stock to Crumb Cake card stock.
  • Stamp cupcake base stamp on strip of Soft Suede card stock with soft suede ink.
  • Punch out with Cupcake Punch.  Tip, when using the Cupcake Punch, cut paper in strips so you can slide in punch and not waste paper, see picture below:


  • Punch out "frosting" for Cupcake in Baja Breeze.  Daub some Champagne Shimmer Paint to "frosting".
  • Punch out "cherry" from top of the Cupcake punch using the Red Glimmer Paper.
  • Punch out small heart using the Red Glimmer Paper.
  • Attach the punched cupcake pieces, heart and cherry using dimensionals onto to the Very Vanilla circle.
  • Attach Very Vanilla Circle to Crumb Cake card stock.
  • Stamp Birthday sentiment on card
  • Stamp inside of card "Happy Birthday" if you choose.


 I will post the second Cupcake card we made on my next post.

For those local here in Lynchburg, you are welcome to attend my Cupcake Party on Tuesday.   If you cannot attend, you can participate long distance by placing an order on my My on-line store anytime between now and next Tuesday (Feb 8, 2011) and I will put 10 door prize tickets with your name on it in the door prize bowl.

I was reading Have fun watching the Super Bowl!!  I really don't have a favorite team, but will probably root for the Steelers.  I have a brother-in-law who is a huge Steelers fan.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Becky! I found your blog via RemARKable Stampers and thought I'd take a look at your cupcake card. I just used that stamp and punch at a workshop yesterday. Everyone loved it!

    I'm following you now, too!

    http://stampinmomoffour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete